Friday, September 28, 2012

Fun story


Don't you love stories like this when your kids are struggling in College.


 Must tell story:

I've been working in a Biophysics lab since June with a really cool Professor. Yesterday I gave my first presentation at our combined lab meeting and presented a scholarly paper I was assigned a few weeks ago. I put a lot of effort into understanding the concepts, putting the material together in an understandable way, and practicing the presentation (always get nervous with these). We also have a treat at Lab Meeting. I signed up to do this
also.  I got some Jelly Belly Beans and mixed them up with Bertie Botts every flavor beans. I gave the presentation and folks told me I did a good job. While I walked with the Professor out of the meeting room. I still had a few jelly beans left and I offered him one and took one myself.
There were five left, two gray, a peculiar orangish one, and a couple others.
"Ugh, avoid the Gray one, it's black pepper!" I told him.
He took the orangish one, popped it in his mouth, and said,
"Alas! Earwax!"

I will keep this experience in my heart forever. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment