Friday, April 20, 2012

Spring!

      It's almost the end of April! So many cute and fun things happen that I want to write down like last week my daughter in law that lives a few hours away called and asked if I could tend their kids for a week a year from now. I said sure! She said, "Aren't you even going to ask what for?" Apparently they are going on a cruise with my other son and his wife as a goal and reward for eating better and living a healthier lifestyle. I think that is a great goal to work towards and I would get to be with the grandkids!  It's too bad lots of us don't realize the importance of taking care of ourselves as young adults so we can feel good as older folks.
     Spring is here and lots of yard work! Picking up small sticks from the many trees we have, digging, planting, mowing, sneezing, coughing and more sneezing! I offered the local grandkids a penny a piece for picking up sticks and boy did that work great! We are even saving some of the sticks for art projects.
     One grandaughter was excited to tell me that they are learning about what bullying is in school and how mean and unfair it is. What a great thing to learn and be aware of. Just ask me how horrible it was to be bullied. The memories never go away.

No comments:

Post a Comment