Monday, January 16, 2012

A family with triplets!

We went to great grandpa's house tonight to play games. My brother-in-law has 11 year old triplets. Their mom mentioned how she is looking forward to having grandchildren some day. Can you imagine how many grankids she could get in a 5 year period! Whew!      
I get to see my grankids from down south this weekend. The 8 yr old has type one diabetes and it irritates her to death to be treated differently from anyone else. I'm going to plan my menu so I can tell her how many carbs are in everything so she can put the numbers into her insulin pump and it will give her the proper amount of insulin. That blows me away that an 8 yr old can be taught this. I'm a nurse & I never learned how insulin pumps operated until she taught me. (This is an embarrassing secret, please don't tell anyone!)  After all I'm from the age of insulin shots.  I love to have new coloring books and crayons when they come. A couple of them are showing a drawing talent. I like to draw, maybe I'll find one of those drawing games & we can guess each others drawings.  I wonder if the Mario Brothers movies are too scary for 3 yr olds.

No comments:

Post a Comment