Saturday, January 7, 2012

I can't believe it!

Yesterday I got all ready to tend my son's kids while he and his wife went on a date last night. They live about 15 miles north of town. I cleaned, made a fun supper, got out their favorite movies, thought of nutritious snacks. At 5pm my son called and said his wife would be a little later because she is a photographer and wasn't quite finished with her last session so would 5:15 be ok. About 6 pm they hadn't arrived yet. He called and said. "Are you ok?" and I said "Sure, why do you ask?"  It turns out I was suppose to go out there! By then they had changed their plans and I didn't get to see the grandkids!  Mixing up instructions or forgetting things can be so irritating! My 12 yr old grandaughter brought her flute to play songs for me at Christmas and forgot her music. That was tragic! It reminds me of when my wonderful grammy wrote me several pages of poems when I was young.  I put them in my stuff when I was in college and I've been looking for them ever since. It's a good thing my ears are glued to my head or I'd forget them too!

No comments:

Post a Comment