Thursday, January 5, 2012

A grandma who can't say no, that's ok isn't it?

Hi everyone, My college kid is teaching me how to start a blog. I thought it might be fun to share my experiences, mostly bloopers from being a grama. After being one for almost 13 yrs I've come to one simple realization. The key to being great is to have fun and keep your mouth shut! ;) For example, mine paint my nails and put makeup on me, they make cookies with me, we dance, we color, we sing, we swing outside and we arrange pictures on the fridge. There's a funny little sign on my wall that says: "Grandchildren welcome anytime, children by appointment".  No one can describe what it's like to be a grandma until you are one. I've heard that being a grandma is the reward for raising a child. My children scold me for not being able to say no. I have 5 kids &11 grandkids from age 2 to14 (one is in Heaven).  Whatever you do, don't offend their parents, accidentally or on purpose because they know how to punish you!  For example, make sure  you get permission for the movies they watch. Grandma's can misjudge movies they think are fun but can be too scary for small kids, or don't let your type1diabetic 6yr grandchild help you make cookies if you let them eat more than one. (and I'm a nurse to boot!) Wow, I think I could like this blogging thing although it does get a bit embarrassing when your 5 yr old grandson instructs you in computer use.

2 comments:

  1. I love you mom. Hannah can have all the cookies she wants with you if she would just match it with insulin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Welcome to blogging!

    I love this: "Grandchildren welcome anytime, children by appointment". So true (and something my daughter comments about often, that we just want to see her kids, not her. Well...)

    Enjoy the blogging. I look forward to more from you!

    ReplyDelete