Monday, January 23, 2012

A visit from 8 of the grandkids, I really am just a mischievous kid!

A visit with 8 grandkids Sat. morning. We played and colored and screamed and talked. Why has it taken me so long to learn that  when you are visiting with a child or any other person the trick to help them know you are really interested in them or love them is to look directly at their eyes when they are talking to you or when you are talking to them. I've spent my whole life working and hurrying here and there. Stop and listen, that's my new goal.  I did the same thing with hubby yesterday and football. I got a big smile and a nice visit with him. It works!

3 comments:

  1. I'm going to enjoy visiting your blog! I love that you are so mischievous and I bet the kids do, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saw you over at Grilled Grandma - wasn't that fun? I loved it and love Lisa's site. I can tell you have a great relationship with those special kiddos - neat for them. I'm going to enjoy keeping up with you. Come on over and visit anytime!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We sure have some serious fun at my house. Adopt the sayng 'what happens at grandmas stays at grandmas' and have fun!

    ReplyDelete